QTS will resume classes on Monday, May 16, 2022.
- Follow the QN Health Chart for vaccinated : 10 days quarantine from first symptoms. Then a negative test and no symptoms allows for return to school/work.
- QTS will be short handed all week with staff.
- Masks strongly ENCOURAGED on buses.
- Masks strongly ENCOURAGED inside the building.
- Autodialer sent at 6 pm on Sunday, May 15th.
- PLEASE wish your QTS Employee Appreciation. This coming week QTS is celebrating Staff Appreciation week
RESOURCES TO READ
- Quileute Community C19 Procedures..What to do? LINK
- QHC Friendly Reminders for Covid LINK
Posted May 12, 2022 (9:43 am) UPDATE May 12, 2022 Announcements & Reminder from Quileute Health Department (QHC) Recommendations
- QTS closed as an agreement between QN Incident Commander, QTS Superintendent and QTS School Board Chair as a result of the number of STUDENT Covid Cases. Student and Staff Days will need to be made up at the end of the school year. See bullet below on calendars.
- Please be aware that QTS is no longer conducting contact tracing.
- When a staff member reports Covid positive to Superintendent the name is given to the QN Incident Commander. Staff member follows QN Flow Chart (see below). Reminder QTS does not have a school nurse so we encourage families to use the Clinic. Staff, please see more on internal Google Calendar…
- When a QTS student is reported as Covid positive the QTS Home Liaison enters the data into Qmlative (New Skyward) database and the data is only available to current teachers who have the student in class. The student name is given to the QN Incident Commander. Please follow the QHC Flow Chart (see next two bullets)
- Please read Update May 11, 2022: Quileute Community C19 Procedures..What to do? LINK
- Please read UPDATE: May 11, 2022: QHC Friendly Reminders for Covid LINK
- QTS Data as of Wednesday, May 11, 2022 @ /QTS (evening)
- 3 cases of Covid 19 among QTS Staff
- 11 cases of Covid 19 with students at Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12
- Encourage all to get vaccinated and stay current on boosters (this is important). We are seeing that break through cases can and do occur. Contact the QN clinic for help.
- May 11th, QTS Custodial staff disinfected surfaces, door knobs, restrooms, buses and multi purpose room.
- QTS (all school activities included) is closed May 11-15. Healthy Staff choosing to enter the building may do so, please be prepared with a mask if you encounter others and social distance. Please secure and turn out the lights in the building when you leave.
- Reminder QTS has masks and test kits available to all (See Stephanie D, Andrea, Cody)
- Currently QTS is a mask choice environment.
- QTS will reopen on Monday, May 16, 2022. Normal bus runs will be in place and school starts as normal.
- Posted on the Google Staff Internal Calendar and School Web Page under Community – Public Events Calendar.
Posted May 10, 2022 (late evening) QTS will be closed on Wednesday through Friday, May 11th through May 13th, 2022 due to a covid 19 outbreak among students and staff. School will resume on Monday, May 16, 2022 at normal time. No school related activities are allowed at school or the Akalat due to the outbreak May 11-15th. I am so sorry the Pre-prom event at the Akalat has to be cancelled, I know students were excited to participate. All school offices and classrooms are closed for deep cleaning on Wednesday, May 12th. Staff who choose to access campus classrooms must have masks on and please only do so after the deep cleaning is completed on May 12th by the QTS cleaning crew. Reminder these three days will be added to the end of the school year calendar on June 17, 21, 22 (for students) and June 17, 21, 22, 23 (for staff). Reminder June 20 is a federal holiday for Juneteenth.
This decision was a joint decision of the QTS Superintendent, Quileute Nation Incident Commander and the School Board Chairperson on the late evening of May 10, 2022.
The QTS Community is invited to attend a Meet and Greet for Cole Peregrine on Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 5:30 pm in the QTS Multipurpose Room. Mrs. Cole Peregrine is a candidate for the QTS K12 Principal position for 2022-23. Please consider that your voice matters in selecting your next QTS K12 Principal. Students, staff, parents and community members are welcome to attend, listen, learn and ask questions in this public session.
QTS Associated Student Body Vice President Logan Hatch will introduce our Principal Candidate. She is a life long learner committed to cultural understanding, who has experience teaching in schools across the nation and has taught for many years. She is currently leading an initiative to incorporate tribal sovereignty and language curriculum across grade levels in her current school district. She has a master’s degree in Native and Multicultural Education. Please consider joining us at QTS to learn more about Principal Candidate Cole Peregrine.
LINK to Itinerary
. For more post event photos check out our official Social Media Web Page https://www.facebook.com/quileute.tribalschool.3
4th Annual Carnival of S.T.E.A.M
Time: 5-7 pm Thursday, April 21
Food Available: QTS ASB Fundraiser
April 19, 2022 The Quileute Tribal School Board passed a motion to lift the mask mandate. Masks are now a choice in the school buildings, buses and school events. (Posted at 6:42 am, April 20, 2022)
Credit and Hands Raised to Vern Ward Jr. for the video and Whale Song music overlay. (April 1, 2022)
- We raise our hands to QTS’s very own Lucy Taylor for organizing a very successful Welcoming The Whales Ceremony on Beach One this past Friday. We look forward to May’s Elder Week celebration. https://www.facebook.com/quileute.tribalschool.3
- We raise our hands to Michaela “Mickey” Villicana and Elena Velasquez, as well as Superintendent Reaume for your support, and bringing from QVSD 207 students to the Welcoming Whales Cultural event.
- We raise our hands to the LaPush community leaders, activists and elders who encouraged the community to attend, pray, speak, drum, sing, dance, and lead the Quileute People at Beach 1.
- We raise our hands to Quileute NationTribal Events Leticia Jaime for facilitating the community events at the Akalat in the afternoon.
- We raise our hands to the Quileute Tribal School Staff and Administration!
Pre-Announcement: Come join us on the beach and celebrate the 2022 Welcoming of the Whales. AGENDA
Throwback to 2009 and the 2nd Annual Calling of the Whales, Photo Credit Chris Cook.
Covid UPDATE: March 22, 2022
QTS will continue with the mask mandate inside school buildings, (entering) school buses and the Akalat Gym (for QTS events only). The School Board will review their motion on April 19, 2022 or (at) their regularly scheduled monthly meeting.
PLEASE NOTE: The QN Health Clinic, QN Tribal Offices, and QN Store require masking to enter. The QN Tribal Council order gives choice to businesses on the Quileute Nation to make their own decisions on mask mandating. Click this LINK for the full order of the Quileute Nation.
Posted on School Web Page – March 22, 2022 @ 6:37 pm
Posted to School Social Media – March 23, 2022
. Parents in LaPush, please note the QTS Web Page for the new LaPush Bus run times. Be sure to scroll through the transportation rules, bus rules and routes. Students have assigned seating on the bus. The new LaPush route begins on Thursday, March 3, 2022. Cody and Stephanie contacted the LaPush parents on Wednesday, March 2nd. The Forks Bus Run remains the same and assigned seating has been established as well for Forks.
Also Check OUT SPIRIT WEEK by QTS Associated Student Body: Facebook LINK
. February 15, 2022
Parents QTS is working to bring K12 school bus service to lower, middle and upper villages. Stay tuned for updates.
Parents QTS has been working on the School Profile section of the Official School web page for nearly a year. The school profile is a list and description of many aspects of QTS. I want to bring students, parents, staff and community members attention to a link https://www.pbisworld.com/# that you can use at home and school to help anyone. QTS is introducing this web page, which brings together multiple tried and true interventions for all learners (children and adults). Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is an evidence-based three-tiered framework to improve and integrate all of the data, systems, and practices affecting student outcomes every day. PBIS creates schools where all students succeed. www.pbis.org. PBIS was identified by the QTS staff and community back in 2019-20, pre-pandemic, as a need through community meetings. For the last year, a Learning Leadership Team at QTS has taken on the PBIS concepts and applied them to Special Services. You can read more about this in the QTS K12 Special Services Program document on our QTS School Profile. QTS is working to incorporate these best practices into our school and use evidence based three-tiered framework into a fully functional model by 2028. The State of Washington is moving to this model for the Special Services program by 2028.
UPDATE: Dear QTS School Community, QTS continues to see attendance climb and the number of student covid cases that we are currently tracking is at one. Exposure is becoming less and we see data showing under 1-2 exposures. These are all great signs as we wrap up the week at QTS. As predicted we are seeing this Omicron variant “burn out” like the data from South Africa showed. We need to get our kids and families healthy that are still out on absences and ENCOURAGE all to get boosted, wear a correct mask properly and wash your hands. I continue to see poor behavior among young adults not masking up on the weekends, participating in events that put them at risk and spreading the variant to others, and failing to get boosted, This causes issues in the school in a number of areas. We are working to bring our bus route to Forks back next week. We will let you know more on the bus run on Monday, January 31, 2022. Be safe! Superintendent Mark J. Decker