On Friday, September 17th, 2021, Superintendent Mark Decker, after consulting with the QTS School Board Chair Shelly Black, made the call to cancel the school day due to campus power outages. As we know, here in the remote Pacific North West area, power outages are something we experience and can last for many hours before being resolved.
At this time, the power is back on at the school and the network services are functioning. The weather remains stormy so there is the chance this could change, but for now things are stable.
The school will remain closed for the day and so Staff and Students will not be onsite.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back on Monday. Please have a safe and happy weekend.
We wish all of our students and families a safe and relaxing
SUMMER BREAK !
Classes will resume for the 2021-22 school year on September 1, 2021.
Check out the Public School Calendar LINK on our school web page, noting that Early Releases have been moved to Friday at 2:10 pm every Friday next year.
The Tribal Council decided that all employees may return to their work site beginning on Thursday, June 3, 2021. QTS will return to the regular school program prior to May 21st.
- Thursday, June 3rd – Students will be 100% remote. Breakfast and Lunch services will resume for pickup.
- Friday, June 4th – Students will be on campus for in person learning from 8 am – 2 pm.
- We return to our normal schedule, prior to May 21st.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday for in person learning (8 am – 2 pm) on June 7, 9, 11, 14 and 16.
- Tu, Thu for 100% remote for student learning June 8, 10, 15
- Last Day of School is Wednesday, June 16, 2021 (8 am – 2 pm)
As a reminder QTS recognizes Monday, May 31 as Memorial Day which is a School Holiday. Please consider the following…
Please click on the headline above for more on the story….
Quileute Tribal School is on Spring Break April 5-9, 2020. Re-energize, relax and be safe all. Classes will resume at 8 am on Monday, April 12, 2021 with in-person learning Monday, Wednesday and Friday, as well as 100% remote learning on Tuesdays and Thursdays. QTS will complete the school year on this schedule through tentatively June 16, 2021.
- There is no food service the week of April 5-9th.
- The Registrar Office; Business, Maintenance & Operations Office; and the Superintendent’s Office are open for business during Spring Break from 8 am – 4 pm.
Today, Friday, March 19, 2021 all QTS staff were sent home at 8:45 am due to the threat of potential tornados in the area. The Quileute Nation sent employees home and QTS School followed the same line of action. All QTS students, parents, and staff received a text, email and phone call from our SWIFTK12 autodialer. Quileute Nation Chief of Police and Incident Commander Michael Foster, QTS Superintendent Mark Decker and QTS School Board Chair Shelly Black corresponded on the decision.