QTS Covid UPDATE Tuesday, September 21, 2021
- Currently we have 26 people (mostly all students) not attending due to exposure to Covid 19 Delta virus.
- QTS currently has 1 confirmed student case of Covid and 1 unconfirmed student case of Covid this is drop from five (5) total. Typically I am seeing some kids get high fevers and others very few symptoms. Please monitor and call your health care provider for advice.
- So far QTS has been fortunate to witness cases coming in from outside and not seeing evidence of spreading within the school.
- Cases are reportedly dropping slightly in Clallam County.
- We are entering cold and flu season, so prepare yourselves.
- Families and QTS staff are exhausted, as everyone is doing their best to navigate these uncharted waters.
- Vaccination we know is the key! The Pfizer vaccination is reportedly nearing FDA approval for ages 5-11. Booster shots are coming soon!
- 83% of the QTS staff is vaccinated and QTS School Board has passed a motion (September 8th) to test every fourteen (14) days all non-vaccinated staff. QTS remains in a “choice” mode for vaccinations as per consultation with QN Incident Commander / Chief of Police and QN Emergency Management Team Recommendations from September 16, 2021.
- Quileute Tribal Health will provide vaccinations currently to ages 12 and older, please call them for an appointment.
- Our QTS K12 Principal has been working with lunch schedules to keep our students in cohorts, but also provide a 30 minute break in the day for our teachers. Cohorts of students are eating in the multipurpose room within grouping size allowed. QTS Director of Maintenance, Operations and Transportation is working on a solution to have picnic tables built so students can eat outside on weather appropriate days. Currently our outdoor seating is limited for obvious reasons.
- Superintendent Mark J. Decker is the Covid Contact person for the school and District Contact Tracer, working hand in hand with QN Incident Commander / Chief of Police, as well as Clallam County Health and Human Services.
- Remember to please reference the School Flow Chart Linked HERE produced by Clallam County Health and Human Services.
QTS Covid 19 UPDATE – September 20, 2021
- Today QTS sent home 9 individuals for exposure to covid, bringing our total to 36. Again people are in various stages of quarantine.
- It would appear that QTS will pick up 1 case of Covid and perhaps one more bringing our total to five (5) total cases.
- Good news Case #1 is back in school and Case #2 is cleared to come back to school.
- We continue to see Covid coming in from outside and so far have avoided a “spreader” situation, which could happen at any time.
QTS Covid Update September 16, 2021
- Since August 31 to current, QTS has 27 exposures to Covid 19. People are in various stages of quarantine.
- Since August 31 to current, QTS has 3 cases of Covid among students.
- No new cases of covid today, September 16, 2021; 12 cases of Covid total on the Quileute Nation.
QTS picked up its third case of Covid 19 today. This case was directly tied to Case #2.
We continue to urge students, parents and staff who are unvaccinated to call Tribal Health and book an appointment for a vaccination. It is very evident that the we can beat Covid if we vaccinate and wear masks. Note by clicking on the READ MORE below the parent and student letter that went home to all parents this morning will be visible. If you did not receive this email, then please call Stephanie Doebbler at the school and update your email list. Thank you Superintendent Mark J. Decker (more…)
September 14 QTS Covid Update
QTS picked up a second case of Covid among our student population. The case came from outside the school and the student was on school grounds for two days during the infection period. This time the case was at the upper grade level spectrum and staff impacted have been notified. Please wear your mask correctly, watch for symptoms and continue to educate your students. Encourage vaccination among the youth 12 and older. The Pfizer vaccination has now been approved by the FDA and Moderna is not far behind in being FDA approved. Tribal Health is offering vaccinations on Friday, September 17th, please call for an appointment. Watch the school web page for COVID updates.
Covid 19 Delta Variant: UPDATE: QTS Covid
Please continue to use this Flow Chart to assist with your questions: School Flow Chart 8.23.21
Covid Summary for Sept 1-12: One (1) very young student with Covid that never stepped on campus. Twelve (12) exposures to Covid 19 in various stages of quarantine. Two (2) travel cases no covid. Will begin testing non vaccinated. Working on a plan with QN Tribal Health to test all. QN Tribal Health is vaccinating all 12 years old and older. Call Tribal Health for an appointment.
Questions: Contact Superintendent Mark J. Decker, Cell (360) 301-4182. (note no VM. Text and I will call you back)
Read messages that have come before this one.