. QTS resumes classes on Wednesday, May 25th from 8:30 – 12:30 pm. Reminder packing days for school employees so 1/2 days for May 25, 26, 27, June 1, 2, 3 and June 8, 9, 10. Last day of school for students (tentative) is (Thursday) June 23rd. Last day of school for staff (tentative) is (Friday) June 24th.
QTS will be closed Tuesday, May 24, 2022 due to staff shortages in the upper grades. The QTS School Public Calendar Online and QTS Internal Calendars have been adjusted for an additional day. Twelve month employees are working on Tuesday, May 24, 2022. QTS Business; Maintenance Operations & Transportation (MOT); IT; Superintendent Offices are open 8 am – 4 pm.
Posted May 12, 2022 (9:43 am) UPDATE May 12, 2022 Announcements & Reminder from Quileute Health Department (QHC) Recommendations
- QTS closed as an agreement between QN Incident Commander, QTS Superintendent and QTS School Board Chair as a result of the number of STUDENT Covid Cases. Student and Staff Days will need to be made up at the end of the school year. See bullet below on calendars.
- Please be aware that QTS is no longer conducting contact tracing.
- When a staff member reports Covid positive to Superintendent the name is given to the QN Incident Commander. Staff member follows QN Flow Chart (see below). Reminder QTS does not have a school nurse so we encourage families to use the Clinic. Staff, please see more on internal Google Calendar…
- When a QTS student is reported as Covid positive the QTS Home Liaison enters the data into Qmlative (New Skyward) database and the data is only available to current teachers who have the student in class. The student name is given to the QN Incident Commander. Please follow the QHC Flow Chart (see next two bullets)
- Please read Update May 11, 2022: Quileute Community C19 Procedures..What to do? LINK
- Please read UPDATE: May 11, 2022: QHC Friendly Reminders for Covid LINK
- QTS Data as of Wednesday, May 11, 2022 @ /QTS (evening)
- 3 cases of Covid 19 among QTS Staff
- 11 cases of Covid 19 with students at Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12
- Encourage all to get vaccinated and stay current on boosters (this is important). We are seeing that break through cases can and do occur. Contact the QN clinic for help.
- May 11th, QTS Custodial staff disinfected surfaces, door knobs, restrooms, buses and multi purpose room.
- QTS (all school activities included) is closed May 11-15. Healthy Staff choosing to enter the building may do so, please be prepared with a mask if you encounter others and social distance. Please secure and turn out the lights in the building when you leave.
- Reminder QTS has masks and test kits available to all (See Stephanie D, Andrea, Cody)
- Currently QTS is a mask choice environment.
- QTS will reopen on Monday, May 16, 2022. Normal bus runs will be in place and school starts as normal.
- Posted on the Google Staff Internal Calendar and School Web Page under Community – Public Events Calendar.
Posted May 10, 2022 (late evening) QTS will be closed on Wednesday through Friday, May 11th through May 13th, 2022 due to a covid 19 outbreak among students and staff. School will resume on Monday, May 16, 2022 at normal time. No school related activities are allowed at school or the Akalat due to the outbreak May 11-15th. I am so sorry the Pre-prom event at the Akalat has to be cancelled, I know students were excited to participate. All school offices and classrooms are closed for deep cleaning on Wednesday, May 12th. Staff who choose to access campus classrooms must have masks on and please only do so after the deep cleaning is completed on May 12th by the QTS cleaning crew. Reminder these three days will be added to the end of the school year calendar on June 17, 21, 22 (for students) and June 17, 21, 22, 23 (for staff). Reminder June 20 is a federal holiday for Juneteenth.
This decision was a joint decision of the QTS Superintendent, Quileute Nation Incident Commander and the School Board Chairperson on the late evening of May 10, 2022.
QTS will be on a 2 hour late start, Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Staff arrive at 10 am. Students arrive at 10:30 am. The Forks-La Push bus run will be two hours later than normal for pick up.
A light breakfast will be served with lunch at normal time.
Reports are roads may be icy in the morning. Quileute Nation is also on a 2 hour late start.
Watch, listen and read about future updates before 8 am.
Posted Tuesday, January 4, 2022 @ 8 pm on QTS Web Page, Social Media, Email to Staff and Parents, Phone message to staff and parents, Text message to staff and parents.
QTS Staff reporting to work this morning at 8 am, use caution on bridges and roads.
Staff reporting from Beaver and East to Sequim may need two hours before reporting at 10 am, so work from home and drive carefully. This involves only four staff members and they have been contacted by the Principal and the Auto-Dialer (sent at 6:35 am)
Posted on Web Page at 6:45 am, Tuesday, January 4, 2022 by the Superintendent.
Reminder: School begins for QTS Students on Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at normal times. The Forks – LaPush Bus route will be operating unless notices given. Reminder to bring your properly worn mask and monitor your health conditions. Use this Clallam County Flowchart as a Guide LINK
QTS is closed Tuesday, November 16, 2021 due to continued local flooding and clean up. An auto-dialer message went out to staff and students/parents at 6:15 pm on Monday evening. School will tentatively resume on Wednesday, November 17, 2021. Watch the school web page and school official social media site for UPDATES.