. QTS resumes classes on Wednesday, May 25th from 8:30 – 12:30 pm. Reminder packing days for school employees so 1/2 days for May 25, 26, 27, June 1, 2, 3 and June 8, 9, 10. Last day of school for students (tentative) is (Thursday) June 23rd. Last day of school for staff (tentative) is (Friday) June 24th.
QTS will be closed Tuesday, May 24, 2022 due to staff shortages in the upper grades. The QTS School Public Calendar Online and QTS Internal Calendars have been adjusted for an additional day. Twelve month employees are working on Tuesday, May 24, 2022. QTS Business; Maintenance Operations & Transportation (MOT); IT; Superintendent Offices are open 8 am – 4 pm.
Take this opportunity to let your QTS Staff know how much you appreciate their work with your children.
Internally QTS is recognizing each in the following ways:
- Monday, May 16 Front office group organizing and showing their appreciation for other staff.
- Tuesday, May 17 Teachers organizing and showing their appreciation for other staff.
- Wednesday, May 18 Para-educators organizing and showing their appreciation for other staff.
- Thursday, May 19 IT, MOT and Cooks organizing and showing their appreciation for other staff.
- Friday, May 20 Superintendent and Principal organizing and showing their appreciation for other staff.
Monday Reflections: Thank you Front Office teams…we appreciate you. Stephanie Doebbler, Andrea Coberly, Hailey Miller, Page Foster, Caryn Depew, Sabrina Dean, Cody LeClair. Thank you for the small gifts handed out to the staff to make their Monday!
Tuesday Reflections: Thank you teaching staff team…we appreciate you. Lucy, Tom,Vivian, Lakhina, Dana, Tammy, Stephanie, Jessica, Jenny, Sheri, Peter, Victoria, Mark W, Alice, Scott, and Tyler. Thank you for the snacks all day in the Administration Building to make our Tuesday!
Wednesday Reflections: Thank you paraeducator staff…we appreciate you….Megan, Patty, Ramona, Dan, Nicole, Jacqueline. Thank you for the goodies and kind words.
Thursday Reflections: Thank you IT, MOT, Counselor and Cooks…we appreciate you. Gus, Ed, Mario, Todd, Karla, Cynthia, Teah and Angel
Friday Reflections : Please come to the Taco Bar hosted by Ryan and Mark at 2:30 – 3:30 pm in the Multipurpose Room. Mark will share information on the move with staff.
QTS will resume classes on Monday, May 16, 2022.
- Follow the QN Health Chart for vaccinated : 10 days quarantine from first symptoms. Then a negative test and no symptoms allows for return to school/work.
- QTS will be short handed all week with staff.
- Masks strongly ENCOURAGED on buses.
- Masks strongly ENCOURAGED inside the building.
- Autodialer sent at 6 pm on Sunday, May 15th.
- PLEASE wish your QTS Employee Appreciation. This coming week QTS is celebrating Staff Appreciation week
RESOURCES TO READ
Posted May 12, 2022 (9:43 am) UPDATE May 12, 2022 Announcements & Reminder from Quileute Health Department (QHC) Recommendations
- QTS closed as an agreement between QN Incident Commander, QTS Superintendent and QTS School Board Chair as a result of the number of STUDENT Covid Cases. Student and Staff Days will need to be made up at the end of the school year. See bullet below on calendars.
- Please be aware that QTS is no longer conducting contact tracing.
- When a staff member reports Covid positive to Superintendent the name is given to the QN Incident Commander. Staff member follows QN Flow Chart (see below). Reminder QTS does not have a school nurse so we encourage families to use the Clinic. Staff, please see more on internal Google Calendar…
- When a QTS student is reported as Covid positive the QTS Home Liaison enters the data into Qmlative (New Skyward) database and the data is only available to current teachers who have the student in class. The student name is given to the QN Incident Commander. Please follow the QHC Flow Chart (see next two bullets)
- Please read Update May 11, 2022: Quileute Community C19 Procedures..What to do? LINK
- Please read UPDATE: May 11, 2022: QHC Friendly Reminders for Covid LINK
- QTS Data as of Wednesday, May 11, 2022 @ /QTS (evening)
- 3 cases of Covid 19 among QTS Staff
- 11 cases of Covid 19 with students at Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12
- Encourage all to get vaccinated and stay current on boosters (this is important). We are seeing that break through cases can and do occur. Contact the QN clinic for help.
- May 11th, QTS Custodial staff disinfected surfaces, door knobs, restrooms, buses and multi purpose room.
- QTS (all school activities included) is closed May 11-15. Healthy Staff choosing to enter the building may do so, please be prepared with a mask if you encounter others and social distance. Please secure and turn out the lights in the building when you leave.
- Reminder QTS has masks and test kits available to all (See Stephanie D, Andrea, Cody)
- Currently QTS is a mask choice environment.
- QTS will reopen on Monday, May 16, 2022. Normal bus runs will be in place and school starts as normal.
- Posted on the Google Staff Internal Calendar and School Web Page under Community – Public Events Calendar.
Posted May 10, 2022 (late evening) QTS will be closed on Wednesday through Friday, May 11th through May 13th, 2022 due to a covid 19 outbreak among students and staff. School will resume on Monday, May 16, 2022 at normal time. No school related activities are allowed at school or the Akalat due to the outbreak May 11-15th. I am so sorry the Pre-prom event at the Akalat has to be cancelled, I know students were excited to participate. All school offices and classrooms are closed for deep cleaning on Wednesday, May 12th. Staff who choose to access campus classrooms must have masks on and please only do so after the deep cleaning is completed on May 12th by the QTS cleaning crew. Reminder these three days will be added to the end of the school year calendar on June 17, 21, 22 (for students) and June 17, 21, 22, 23 (for staff). Reminder June 20 is a federal holiday for Juneteenth.
This decision was a joint decision of the QTS Superintendent, Quileute Nation Incident Commander and the School Board Chairperson on the late evening of May 10, 2022.
The QTS Community is invited to attend a Meet and Greet for Cole Peregrine on Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 5:30 pm in the QTS Multipurpose Room. Mrs. Cole Peregrine is a candidate for the QTS K12 Principal position for 2022-23. Please consider that your voice matters in selecting your next QTS K12 Principal. Students, staff, parents and community members are welcome to attend, listen, learn and ask questions in this public session.
QTS Associated Student Body Vice President Logan Hatch will introduce our Principal Candidate. She is a life long learner committed to cultural understanding, who has experience teaching in schools across the nation and has taught for many years. She is currently leading an initiative to incorporate tribal sovereignty and language curriculum across grade levels in her current school district. She has a master’s degree in Native and Multicultural Education. Please consider joining us at QTS to learn more about Principal Candidate Cole Peregrine.
LINK to Itinerary